Sunday


The snow has covered the world with glitter and lace and quilts and snowflakes that look like shooting stars as they fall from the sky. I feel like I am in one giant blanket fort or exploring Narnia (I think I heard the trees whispering). It is all so magical: Snow ball fights in bed; spinning around like snowflakes; and rose buds blooming on cheeks and noses.
The snow kissed our bare feet as we danced, making them blush. 

Last night our eyes grew dizzy with delight, and as we spin we tumbled again and again into the white velvet quilts of snow (Our eyelashes became covered in a crystalline lace of snowflakes). Alexei came to dance with Anastasia, Tatiana, Maria and Olga too, their pink palms met ours and our hearts started pounding;flying round and round like snow doves. The world joined in too, pirouetting. Even when our feet stopped the world kept on dancing, (everything was far too lovely to stand still). But the Romanov children danced on and away into the cold Russian air (second star to the right, and straight on til' morning), the snow molded into little white rabbits and they skipped into the sky, they flew next to Anastasia's ankles. 

I am so very happy

1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me happy, too. I wish I had been there, dancing in the snow with the Romanovs.

    ReplyDelete